Yves Klein Blue vs The Holidays II



Back in August, Simon Jones from The Holidays interviewed Michael from Yves Klein Blue for Fasterlouder on the eve of their Immaculate Confection Tour, which hits WA for three shows in October. We have ferreted around on the cutting room floor, and found some gems which didn’t make it into the official interview which we think deserve an airing as well… Your Mother, Dinosaurs and fart jokes are just some of the topics covered: For which Michael apologises for to the FL readership and promises to have a zombie chew with anyone from Perth who spots him in the crowd at one of the gigs…

Which of the following songs do you most associate with our upcoming Immaculate Confection tour: My Boy Lollipop (Millie Small), Candy man (Christina Aguilera), Milkshake (Kelis), Cups & Cakes (Spinal Tap), Pour Some Sugar on me (Def Leppard)?

Definitely the Leppard, I was only recently exposed to it via the dangerous medium of youtube. This technology is foreign to me, as the speed of my internet connection is only now entering 1994 standards. I downloaded it, second by excruciating second. According to Sean (who is the requisite source of knowledge of all things you would never expect him to know), the band drew inspiration from the song “Sugar Sugar”, just like Nitty! It just goes to show we’re all connected. The lyrics a little confusing though so I can’t say it’s my favorite, but the Millie Smalls one has always been our song…

What is your opinion on ugg boots being worn in public?
Uugghhhhhh.

What is your favourite prehistoric animal?
Mastodon / Brontosaurus / Velocoraptor / Lungfish / your mother

What do you get up to when not on the road or recording with your band?

What!? What do you mean? Like when I’m sleeping?

I play music mostly – writing occupies a lot of space, see my buddies, make my room a compete mess, drink malted milk and Pimms, cook, read, help my mother who is very busy, but it’s all pretty scarce. We have been rehearsing like a bad theatre troupe recently.

Who usually wins arm wrestles in Yves Klein Blue? (My money is on Chris)

We’re banter weights. I lose against the stylus on my turntable. Charles loses against lapdogs. Sean loses against armchairs. Chris…

Actually you’re right, Chris is massive.

Who do you think would win in a fight between Batman as Christian Bale and Batman as Michael Keaton (the 1989 version)?

Definitely Bale; Michael Keaton is a pussy.
Keaton, if you’re listening, come and get it you sissy man – you don’t need hairspray, your hair already resembles steel wool and could be carved into a hedge sculpture of any animal. Dean Koontz told me wants to make it into a puppy dog with breast instead of ears.

Which film is worse, The Godfather part III or Alien versus Predator?

I cannot tell a lie, I have not seen either of those pictures, and do not have the perseverance to sit through 4 hrs of motion picture in order to form an opinion. Oh wait…I have seen Alien vs. Predator.
It’s definitely worse.

...Though it’s pretty cool when he gets his little I-phone thing out on his arm right? And there are the generic digital symbols that used to be on your calculator where different portions of an ‘8’ would be illuminated. Please! As if they wouldn’t have an LCD touch screen on that? He’s from a super advanced race – they’re the Spartans of the Galaxy! What do they live stream Big Brother on? Somebody please get that motherfucker an I-phone. Somebody get me an I-phone for mentioning I-phones in the press. Though I probably just brought them into disrepute by associating them with the inhuman Predator…

In short I renege on my previous decision and award the razzy to the Godfather III.

On our upcoming tour, what topic is most likely to be talked about the most?

We’ll probably spend most of our time giggling uncontrollably and discussing boys and what celebrity we’d most like to marry as we place freshly sliced cucumber over each other’s eyelids and smear our facades with vanishing cream. Lets be realistic though – as you are touring with us the topic of “who-did-that-awful-fart” is bound to come up, as well as the old chestnut “Rumours” by Fleetwood Mac, which involves Sean yelling hysterically at the unfortunate soul unlucky enough to mention that they appreciate the drum sound.

What one type of confectionary would you associate most closely with our tour? We choose Zombie Chews (for no particular reason other than their great taste)

You bastards! You stole my candy!
Whatevs – as we will be in regional Victoria I’m definitely stopping by this sweet servo where they stock the most excellent shortbread.

I’d endorse Chomp but they are making a resurgence and I don’t want to appear to be part of the hype machine. Curly Wirly? (There’s a joke in that).

Hmmm… I just can’t decide so I’m going to have to say…GRYFFINDOR!

Oh wait! I Should have said: “I didn’t have any in mind Simon…

…you’re sweet enough!”

For more shenanigans of this nature, or to share a Zombie Chew, you can see them at the Amplifier on 10th with Boys Boys Boys! or at the Prince of Wales on the 11th or the Norfolk Basement on the 12th with Tracksuit at both gigs.

taken from: http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/15048/Yves-Klein-Blue-vs-The-Holidays-II.htm

No comments: